Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy - characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy

Ah, stranger - fancy meeting you at this time and place.

Always the one to procure personal problems, I'm delighted to say that, for once, I have come to you to pass on pleasant, pleasing news.

As always, stranger, you have no obligation to entertain me. However, if you've ever had a moment's pity for anything that I've been through - rejoice! Weeks, perhaps months ago, I had said that I was the happiest I had ever been in my life. Since then, my pleasure, contentment, and joy have all risen substantially - my happiness has been steadily increasing.

The worst time I've had to endure was also the turning point of confused passion to pure happiness. On December 11th, 2007 she told me that she was actually in a relationship. In fact, she had been in a relationship with this man for 2 years now. The man, whom we will name M, was actually someone she had met online, when she was 15. Things seemed to work out at the beginning of their relationship I suppose, I don't ask about it and she doesn't bring it up. If she had good times with him, the last thing I want to do is have her recall those times and go through the pain on knowing that those times will never happen again - whether she likes him now or not.

At this point of her life, when she was 15, things were the worst they had ever been for her.

After the first few months, perhaps up to a year, he started showing how he really was to her. From what I've seen, he let their relationship fall apart until the point where any further negligence would ruin the relationship. At that point, he would say a few comforting words and salvage what he could - only to neglect her again over the next few weeks/months and repeat the process again.

Neglecting her for Pokemon and World of Warcraft is one of the most pathetic things I could ever expect from anyone who calls himself a man. Not that I consider him one, but if he ever considered himself a man, he should at least make an attempt at giving the countenance of one.

Anyway, realizing that I still loved her regardless of this fact and that I was not angry or going to punish her for having neglected to tell me about him, she decided to break up with him that night.

Stranger, from the little I've said about M, you have be able to get the general idea of what kind of person he is. I don't think you'd find it hard to believe, then, that he took things horribly. Flinging accusations at her, he ignored the fact that she had tried so hard to make things work out between them and already felt horrible that she was ending their relationship.

Well, she just logged on and I don't want to ruin the joy I feel from seeing her log on by talking about such things, so I'll continue the story another time.

Until then, stranger.

No comments: