Monday, July 2, 2007

Hello, World!

Hi everyone,
I just started this blog because I'm going to Hong Kong on the 11th. I'm psyched, I'm pumped, and I'm schizophrenic. With no way to release these pent-up emotions, I've decided to put them into words.

I'll probably post about last year's trip to HK with each day; the memories become more vivid as the 11th draws nearer.

In fact, I feel like going over a day right now.

I woke up at around 10 AM, and Alex was still asleep. Going into his room, I borrowed his laptop to make a few emails to my parents/family. Playing DS for a bit, it soon reached 12, and Alex woke up. I went downstairs and requested his maids and Benny (the house caretaker) to prepare lunch. It was the best curry ever (eggplant! So weird, yet amazingly good). There was also toast, orange juice, tuna (for Alex, I don't usually like fish), a beef and broccoli dish, and rice. I even recall Alex and me spilling a bit of orange juice at the exact same time, and we laughed about it.


Completely random substory: I called Alex on skype a few days ago, and I talked to Benny :P He said he was preparing tons of food for me haha (I loved Benny's cooking)

Around 2 we asked his driver (Alan) to bring us to the Pacific Place, where we shopped and played in the arcade.

Completely Random Sub-Story: (A different day) So we had a friend, named Jenny, and we wanted her to come into the arcade with us. For those of you who aren't familiar with HK laws, you must be older than 16 to enter the arcade. Being a freshman, she was still 15. I gave her my passport, and they looked at it, looked at her, and looked back at the passport, and let her go. XD

Anyway, after getting a drink at MX (sort of like a wannabe Jamba Juice, but even better cause they're healthier) we walked to the subway and took it to Mong Kok. We wandered all over the street shops there, along with some of the formal shops. I bought a shirt or two, and we hung around there for a few hours.

Another random substory: We were taking the subway one day, and I saw somebody carrying a new PSP. Thinking he didn't understand English, I said (aloud) to Alex, "You hold him, I'll take the PSP and run." Unfortunately, he did understand English and so did the people around us. Fortunately, he took it for a joke (which it was!)

Approaching 6:00, we called up Stephen (a friend I met in HK, and the driving force behind my effort to go to HK again) and we decided to go out together for dinner. We ended up going to a Japanese restaurant, because Alex and Stephen wanted to get me used to eating fish (and it was damn good at that), and because Alex wanted Kobe beef (orgasmic. 'nuff said).

We ordered a rather large bottle of Sake, which we shared. It must've been really good, cause I drank quite a bit...

Finishing dinner, we headed to Stephen's house, and we talked and swam (in his swimming pool/backyard mostly..it's beautiful)



While we were at his house, I recall talking about one of those "isolation chambers" or something, where you go into a huge sphere and it seals off all of your senses.

I also started reading Generation S.L.U.T. that night; that book was as weird as hell.

At about midnight, we decided to go out for some ice cream. Stephen drove us out to the beach (they have little stores there) and we grabbed some ice cream. We sat there, munching away, watching the ebb of the ocean. Alex started to dance around with his feet in the water, and, after he had finished the ice cream, Stephen tackled him and they both went in. Seeing their carefree joy, I had to join them.

Swimming around until 2 AM or so, we lay on the beach - relaxing and watching the stars.

Finally, around 3AM, Stephen dropped us off at Alex's house. On the way in, I had to pet Muji, Alex's dog. The cutest, most lovable dog ever.





Going into Alex's house, we soon fell fast asleep. The day had been a perfect one - just like the 17 days surrounding it.

Thanks for reading; that was great to relive in my head. Sorry its not too descriptive, I know that. But in my head...a slideshow is playing, and I can't find words to share it.

8 more days...

No comments: